Sunday, January 20, 2008

Shrimp Pasta for Two

I just love when a recipe turns out better than I expect. I had the remainder of a bag of frozen shrimp that I wanted to use up this weekend, so I selected the Easy Shrimp Pasta for Two from the new Kraft Food and Family magazine for our dinner Saturday night. For some reason though, I had low expectations of the dish. I was prepared to be disappointed, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised! It was delicious! I did, however, make several changes to the original recipe to accommodate our tastes and the ingredients I had on hand. I'm linking the original version above and posting my version below. I will definitely make this again!
Easy Shrimp Pasta for Two

1/4 cup Ken's Steakhouse Light Northern Italian dressing
1/2 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
8 oz. (1/2 of 1-lb. pkg.) linguine, uncooked
1 cup diced tomatoes, undrained
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
1 tbsp. dried basil
1 tbsp. garlic powder
pinch of red pepper flakes
grated parmesan cheese for sprinkling

POUR dressing over shrimp in small bowl; cover. Refrigerate 20 min. to marinate. Cook pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, heat large skillet on medium heat; add shrimp mixture. Cook 3 min. or until shrimp turn pink, stirring frequently. Remove shrimp from skillet, using slotted spoon; cover to keep warm. Set aside.

ADD tomatoes, cream cheese, basil, garlic powder and red pepper to same skillet; cook and stir 3 min. or until well blended. Add shrimp; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.

DRAIN pasta. Place on large serving platter; top with the shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

mmmmm, that looks creamy and delicious!